Go Back   Grabeh.com Community > On the Heavier Side > Hippocrates' Health & Fitness
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar G Games Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2006, 01:59 PM
Grabeh Baby

Default O.c.d

I believe I have O.C.D (Obssesive Compulsive Disorder), and My O.C has been with Me since 1999. My O.C I believe is unique, why? Because I keep on remembering My Sneezes, and I usually try to sneeze maximum of 3 times, not daily, @ the average sneeze moment. This unsual behaviour started when I picked-up stories about "bad spirits" leaving the body, everytime We sneezed. I hear this stories from Our household staff and other random people. I already consulted this with a mental doctor a couple of years ago, and He prescribed to Me anti-depressants, but unfortunately up to now, I still have the disorder. I stopped seeing My doctor already when I became serious with work, after graduating college.

Did I mention why I had to make-up, @ the average, 3 sneezes? Because I'm deeply religious, and I believe if I sneeze 3 times, it means "the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"...

I just hope I can read advice's to help Me with My disorder.

Thank You and God Bless.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Grabeh Baby

Send a message via Yahoo to akosijoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler69
I believe I have O.C.D (Obssesive Compulsive Disorder), and My O.C has been with Me since 1999. My O.C I believe is unique, why? Because I keep on remembering My Sneezes, and I usually try to sneeze maximum of 3 times, not daily, @ the average sneeze moment. This unsual behaviour started when I picked-up stories about "bad spirits" leaving the body, everytime We sneezed. I hear this stories from Our household staff and other random people. I already consulted this with a mental doctor a couple of years ago, and He prescribed to Me anti-depressants, but unfortunately up to now, I still have the disorder. I stopped seeing My doctor already when I became serious with work, after graduating college.

Did I mention why I had to make-up, @ the average, 3 sneezes? Because I'm deeply religious, and I believe if I sneeze 3 times, it means "the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit"...

I just hope I can read advice's to help Me with My disorder.

Thank You and God Bless.

Isn't that cute? ehehehe. Sorry for that one

Well in my opinion, a bit of OCD isnt harmful depending upon the "rituals" you perform. People experiencing OCD are usually aware of their repetitive behavior but cant help it. These rituals of yours are meant to deal with some hidden anxiety that you have. I dont find anything wrong with sneezing, just keep a tissue handy and properly dispose them. You might have to speak with a professional with Psych training in order to assist you in resolving your anxiety.