CALL CENTER JOBS

CEBU PACIFIC PROMOS

GAMERSTER.COM

Go Back   Grabeh.com Community > On the Heavier Side > Hippocrates' Health & Fitness
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar G Games Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Grabeh Baby

Default Hypertensions anyone?

i've been diagnosed to have this "illness"...and my doc adviced me to have an 8-10 hrs fasting (meaning my last DINNER meal would be at 12 midnight, LIGHT MEAL PA TO HA)...i am used to eating HEAVY meals, but I have to try it for my health's sake...and i am taking medicines right now, as much as I really hate it!

i decided to stop taking med and I would rather ask for some good advices here about hypertension...could anybody share me how to have a good balance diet so my bp wouldnt go higher than 160/90 ??? our neighbor adviced me to take a pure pineapple juice at least once a day.... and in addition, I also came to know that I have a urinary tract infection, so I have to avoid eating salty and fatty foods...(buko juice ang iniinom ko ngayon gabi-gabi)...my...im never health conscious before...i eat watever, whenever I like to....but my body's refusing to comply with my habits so I guess I really have to listen to it....

i hope to hear from you guys!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Grabeh Baby

ano 8-10 hrs fasting plus medicines?! Oh com'on!

1.) uhaw lang yan, damihan mo lang water intake mo and avoid coffe, softdrinks, alcohol, and chocolate :

water intake per day = (body weight (lbs) / 2) oz. of water (plus kunting natural (unprocessed) salt).

2.) bawal ang magpuyat at bawasan ang lapa/lamon

3.) food rich in fiber, b vitamins, vit c and d. avoid junk, high-colesterol, and high-uric-acid (lamang loob like isaw, balunbalunan, atay, beans, crab, etc) foods. bawal din ang catsup at mayonnaise, use vegetable oil in frying.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Grabeh Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambay
ano 8-10 hrs fasting plus medicines?! Oh com'on!

1.) uhaw lang yan, damihan mo lang water intake mo and avoid coffe, softdrinks, alcohol, and chocolate :

water intake per day = (body weight (lbs) / 2) oz. of water (plus kunting natural (unprocessed) salt).

2.) bawal ang magpuyat at bawasan ang lapa/lamon

3.) food rich in fiber, b vitamins, vit c and d. avoid junk, high-colesterol, and high-uric-acid (lamang loob like isaw, balunbalunan, atay, beans, crab, etc) foods. bawal din ang catsup at mayonnaise, use vegetable oil in frying.

grabe, one day ko lang ginawa yang 8-10 hrs fasting na yan....di ko kaya, baka magkaulcer naman ako..

1. i used to have coffee in the morning, now I switched to tea..{is this healthy?}...more water intake (acknowledge )
2. puyat? I have to work on this...{di maiwasan minsan}..maybe this is the cause why Im always dizzy
3. whattttttt???? it's like saying "dont eat at all" anyway Im grateful for your pieces of advice sir Tambay....I try to follow it, NOW
Old 03-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Grabeh Baby

avoid salty foods too..
Old 03-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Grabeh Baby

hmm..pero hindi ba majority ng kinakain natin eh may salt???
Old 03-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Grabeh Baby

^

what i meant is minimise/reduce ur salt intake..

mga chips..di ba, salty sila? if i say salty, it means...too much salt..

Old 03-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Grabeh Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by berry_nice
^

what i meant is minimise/reduce ur salt intake..

mga chips..di ba, salty sila? if i say salty, it means...too much salt..

understood po ms berry...dangan kasi mahilig ako sa chips ..it's like depriving myself to one of my 'valued cravings'..
Old 03-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Grabeh Baby

hmm, actually, meron yung mga chips na 'low salt', kung ayaw mong i-give up ang chips..
Old 03-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Grabeh Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscalculated
i've been diagnosed to have this "illness"...and my doc adviced me to have an 8-10 hrs fasting (meaning my last DINNER meal would be at 12 midnight, LIGHT MEAL PA TO HA)...i am used to eating HEAVY meals, but I have to try it for my health's sake...and i am taking medicines right now, as much as I really hate it!

i decided to stop taking med and I would rather ask for some good advices here about hypertension...could anybody share me how to have a good balance diet so my bp wouldnt go higher than 160/90 ??? our neighbor adviced me to take a pure pineapple juice at least once a day.... and in addition, I also came to know that I have a urinary tract infection, so I have to avoid eating salty and fatty foods...(buko juice ang iniinom ko ngayon gabi-gabi)...my...im never health conscious before...i eat watever, whenever I like to....but my body's refusing to comply with my habits so I guess I really have to listen to it....

i hope to hear from you guys!

Hey! I'm a hypertensive person myself pero hindi naman ako pinayuhan nang ganyang diet. What my cardiologist told me was that I need to lose weight ASAP through strict diet. Pareho tayo ng BP rate...160/90 ako before. After a series of test, they told me na yung case ko was that of a Natural or Essential Hypertension (caused by hereditary and other environmental factors). Our 'illness' is a life-long process. Kung gusto nating humaba ang buhay natin we really have to have an ideal weight, balanced diet, and if needed, medications to regulate our blood pressure. I'm taking Combizar and so far 120/80 or 130/90 naglalaro ang BP ko.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Grabeh Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Hey! I'm a hypertensive person myself pero hindi naman ako pinayuhan nang ganyang diet. What my cardiologist told me was that I need to lose weight ASAP through strict diet. Pareho tayo ng BP rate...160/90 ako before. After a series of test, they told me na yung case ko was that of a Natural or Essential Hypertension (caused by hereditary and other environmental factors). Our 'illness' is a life-long process. Kung gusto nating humaba ang buhay natin we really have to have an ideal weight, balanced diet, and if needed, medications to regulate our blood pressure. I'm taking Combizar and so far 120/80 or 130/90 naglalaro ang BP ko.

she advised me take on this diet during my initial checkup..kasi kelangan niyang iobserve yung bp ko for 1 week.siempre kelangang sumunod and in result bumaba naman ng 120/70 to 120/90. wala naman akong history ng hypertension so tingin ko kulang talaga ako sa proper diet and sleep. plus factor pa ang lagi akong puyat. hmm, nlimutan ko ang pangalan ng gamot ko.pero I stopped using it since bumaba na pressure ko..ayokong maging dependent sa gamot. kaya ang resort ko eh magbawas ng kain and of course, I need to take a regular exercise kahit pa dancing around the house muna .. sa kain mejo nacocontrol ko na..sa exercise, nahihirapan akong bumangon sa umaga just to do some stretchings {ala pang disipl*****...pero i would also like to ask..minsan ba nararanasan mo yung mahirap huminga? i mean yung bigla na lang prang me tumutusok sa heart mo tapos kakapusin ka ng hininga? part pa din ba ng hypertension yun?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Grabeh Baby

a change of lifestyle in needed.. Dieting and exercising would be ideal.
yes, you do have the time and if insistent.. find the time, afterall.. it's your life that is on the line.

Cost: forgetaboutit.. in the end you'll accure more cost for medical treatments and medication costs.

Go join a health club (aerobics is good).. you'll also find peeps there who will help you move forward.. don't worry if you are sluggish or feeling heavy.. all beginners go through that route.. so what are you waiting for?!?!
Old 03-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Grabeh Baby

^

don't do aerobics or strenous exercises till your BP is optimised...seek medical advise first..
Old 03-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Grabeh Baby

I hope you don't mind if I ask about your age ? Anyway, the most important thing to do is to watch your diet and have a regular exercise. Make sure your BP is under control before doing any exercise. You would need to see your doctor for some advice on this.

Weight loss is usually recommended. Especially for obese people.

Increased your intake of fruits and vegetables.

Decreased your salt intake, avoid fatty foods (i.e. chicharon)

Quit smoking if you are a smoker or if not never start smoking.

Do some relaxation techniques.

I hope these help.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Grabeh Baby

Just do like Fernando Poe, Jr. did....eat, drink and be merry and die of stroke at the age of 65 or be comatose for years at the expense of the caring of your relatives.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Grabeh Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeprok70
a change of lifestyle in needed.. Dieting and exercising would be ideal.
yes, you do have the time and if insistent.. find the time, afterall.. it's your life that is on the line.

Cost: forgetaboutit.. in the end you'll accure more cost for medical treatments and medication costs.

Go join a health club (aerobics is good).. you'll also find peeps there who will help you move forward.. don't worry if you are sluggish or feeling heavy.. all beginners go through that route.. so what are you waiting for?!?!

advice taken sir ..I used to do some morning exercises (dancing ..ever heard of MTV grind group?)..3 times a week ko to ginagawa for about an hour..then I suddenly stopped (due to stress {work, puyat and etc.})..maybe I should pull myself to relive it again

ms berry nice, don't worry it's just a "light" aero.

ms nikki, I'm 24 yrs old {too young to be hypertensive, so was the doctor said}and mind you..i weighed 95lbs. nalaman ko lang yan nung magdodonate ako ng dugo sana sa red cross and they didnt allow me...110 is the standard weight...also Im too petite {my height is only 4'11 }..so I don't think I'm heavy for my height..im working on my vegies and fruits diet.and also im not a smoker...kindly tell me what are those relaxation techniques?

mr jay, you made my day! actually he died of brain stroke..hmm...di pa namn ako nasisiraan

to all you guys thanks for your advices
Old 04-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Grabeh Baby

yoga? but i think the best relaxation techniques are the ones that can fit to your lifestyle. one of them i think is the exercise that you are doing right now.

some veggies/fruit that can lower your bp:
1. celery (i.e. juice)
2. eggplant
3. guava (great in vit c)
4. banana

some food ingredients that should be avoided :
1. natural/artifical sweetener (sugar-free, aspartame)
2. msg (vetsin)
3. too much refined salt (use sea-salt/natural/unrefined)

family problems, relationships, etc may cause also hbp. avoid foods that can dehydrate like coffe, tea, softdrinks.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Grabeh Baby

hi there peeps..just wanna ask anong mga medicines and dosage ang take nyo pra mapalower pa ang bp nyo? reply asap..thanks